Well, I have not actually posted that I have tried and installed MPD yet, but I found a bug. Suddenly the cpu usage jumps form around 2-5 % upto 25-30%! This is totally unacceptable!

Bug-report had already been filed, with a proposed tweak. I confirmed the bug, and that the tweak apparently works.

Tweak – fix sudden high cpu usage:

What you do, is add to /etc/mpd.conf

audio_output {
type                    “alsa”
name                    “My ALSA Device”
device                  “hw:0,0”     # optional
format                  “44100:16:2” # optional
}

audio_output_format             “44100:16:2”

This worked for me.

Advertisements